Art. Design. Inspiration. Life.

9.27.2010

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel..."

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your long hair..."

I always loved stories and fables when I was younger. This piece, Rapunzel I painted a few years ago and came across it the other day. I did several different tales with this same approach, the woods and the main character. This piece and Red Riding Hood were some of my favorite. I created Rapunzel on cold press illustration board with watercolor and ink. These creations I did in the fall, inspired by the trees and the shorter days. The trees give a mysterious look and the hair is brilliant set against the dark, foreboding colors in the forest.

Rapunzel was one of the illustrations that always was a little inspiration to carry on and do something with drawing in my life.

This illustration is for sale. Price available upon request.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails