Art. Design. Inspiration. Life.

4.19.2011

How to make a Party Chick


I recently made these three chicks for my Stella and Dot party we hosted at the house. I thought they would be cute for a spring table or buffet for Easter. I used a Martha Stewart Living template. The instructions use fabric, but I used scrapbook paper and a dictionary page print from the Graphics Fairy. Just make sure you glue everything to cardstock to make the chick really stiff to stand up well. The templates can be found here at Marthastewart.com. I also did not put grass at the bottom. To make them stand up, I just ran hot glue against the base of the chick on both sides and just attached the oval base. It is really sturdy. Age the sides with brown ink.




Linking up to Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Night Special, Graphics Fairy Brag Monday, and The Lettered Cottage! Check out Funky Junk Interiors here and Graphics Fairy here and The Lettered Cottage here. They are some of my favorite blogs!



6 comments:

  1. They are really cool and also looking gorgeous! Love the use of the dictionary site! They would even be great for decoration without the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOhhh. Those look great! I will have to do this next year! Found you on Graphics Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're perfect! I saw your link-up at The Graphics Fairy and just had to come by. I'm pinning this project on Pinterest, and can't wait to make some chicks of my own next year!!

    New follower,
    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how those turned out! Great Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Too cute!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute!! I'm a new follower
    Leasa @ funkymomcards

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails