Art. Design. Inspiration. Life.

11.20.2010

Just in time for Christmas! My favorite artist from Nebraska...Cody Foster.

Image from Cody Foster and Company
Image from Cody Foster and Company
Image from Cody Foster and Company
Our mantel.
Add Video
More mantel.
Since I just recently spent a week doing the family tour in Nebraska, I thought I would write about Cody Foster. He is a native of a Valentine, Nebraska, a small town in a very pretty part of Nebraska. Valentine is immediately north of the Niobrara River, on the northern edge of the Sandhills physiographic region. We actually canoed the Niobrara a couple years ago and loved it.

The store, Backporch Company and Friends is still there on main street Valentine and is absolutely adorable. His grandmother runs it! Cody Foster still keeps his entire company based out Valentine as well, which is wonderful for the economy. He started designing in high school with his grandmother, Isa Foster making Christmas ornaments. When we stopped in his sweet little store, it gave me shivers. The houses are incredible he designs and my mantle is my display for them. For more information on Cody Foster, click here. To buy Cody Foster in Knoxville, check out Michael Peters Home in Bearden.


Here are a few pictures of his designs that might inspire you for the holidays! What's your favorite holiday decoration?




2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Those are so delightful! LOVE!!!

    No clue what my absolute favorite decorations are but I did make a wreath of felt and grapevine for the front door this Christmas. It's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it's really pretty Anna! You will have to take a picture of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails